The personal health and safety of each employee of our company is of primary importance. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illness is of such consequences that it is given priority over operating productivity where necessary. It is of utmost importance that we provide the highest standards for all the mechanical and physical facilities required for the personal health and safety of each employee.
Our health and safety program meets or exceeds the requirements of the Ministry of Labour “ green book”. It is mandatory that all our workers receive the mandatory four hour worker safety orientation training (WHMIS- 2015, Working at Heights, as well as all other trade specific training required) before entering the work site. We have on staff a full time CSAO trained safety officer who is responsible for worker safety orientation, job box and weekly site safety talks, was well as our JHSC commitment. Our ultimate goal is to maintain a zero accident and injury program.
Our health and safety program involves:
- Providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Conducting a program of health and safety inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions and practices, control health hazards and to comply fully with the health and safety guidelines of each job
- Training all employees in good health and safety practices
- Developing and enforcing health and safety rules and requiring that employees cooperate with the rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigating every accident and “close call” promptly and thoroughly to find out what cased it and to control the problem going forward.
We recognize that the possibilities for safety and health are shared:
- The employee accepts the responsibility for leadership of the safety and health program for effectiveness and improvement and for providing safeguards required to ensure safe working conditions.
- Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward health and safety to those they supervise as well as ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health and safety of all personnel involved.
- Employees are responsible for all aspects of the health and safety program including compliance with all the rules and regulations and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
This health and safety program does not take precedence over the OH & S regulations. All employees shall be familiar with the OH & S Regulations and Act as well as Donalco Inc.'s management system Handbook.